Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Off the Wagon

Whelp, not only did I fall of the band wagon, it ran me over, backed up, called me fat, then ran me over again.  I ran the Chicago Marathon in October and the Route 66 Marathon in November.  Since then I haven't done much of anything at all.  Well I graduated College, I suppose that is something.  My final semester was insane and I simply did not have the time to dedicate to training.  BUT, school is over, summer is here, and it's time to whip my ass back in shape.  How will I be starting?  Crossfit.

My Dad has been doing Crossfit for a few months now and I decided to give it a try.  This weekend I will be accompanying him for my first real workout in 6 months.  I guess we will see how I like it.  Now, I do not plan to do ONLY Crossfit and stop running and triathloning.  I want to use Crossfit as a mechanism to become a more rounded athlete.  Crossfit 2 times a week, swim/bike/run the other days.  As of right now I am not signed up for any long distance races and I think I want to keep it that way this season.  I really want to focus on becoming faster and stronger as opposed to focusing on long distance races.

This is something I've been wanting to do for quite some time, but I've always been signed up for a marathon, so I never really had the chance.  Well here's my chance.  I am essentially starting over fitness-wise and I fully intend to build myself for speed and strength alongside endurance this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment