Saturday, October 10, 2009

Twas the Night Before Race Day...

Well here it is. The eve before the Chicago Marathon. I can't believe that I have been training for 8 months. It feels like only yesterday that I signed up for this event and could barely run one mile without walking. And now, here I am, ready to run 26.2 miles at age 19. I definitely take pride in the fact that I am going to be able to say that I ran a marathon before I turned 20.

To sum up how I feel right now here is a quote from the book 26 Miles to Boston:
"I feel like a 7-year-old boy on Christmas eve, while at the same time a death row inmate awaiting his execution at dawn."

Tomorrow will definitely be a day to remember and I have no doubt that when I cross that finish line, it will change my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment